Call us
See Phone
+44 (0) 20 38 688 650

Genetic Compatibility Test

Minimises the possibility of transmitting genetic diseases

Ensuring the health of the baby-to-be

realización test genético
Play Video about realización test genético

Why take this compatibility test?

If you want to minimise the possibility of transmitting genetic diseases to your future child, the genetic compatibility test or genetic matching allows us to study hundreds of recessive or X-linked genetic diseases and check the probability of transmitting them to the embryo.

Do you want us to study your case?

The test can be performed on both partners or egg and sperm donors prior to pregnancy. The results enable you to make informed family planning decisions, in order to try to ensure the health of the future baby.

The importance of detecting recessive diseases

Recessive diseases are genetic disorders that occur when a person inherits two abnormal copies of the same gene, one from each parent. This means that the recessive disease only develops if the individual receives two copies of the altered gene, one from each parent. If both parents carry the same defective gene, the future baby has a 25% chance of developing the disease, a 50% chance of being a healthy carrier and a 25% chance of not inheriting any of the altered copies from its parents.

Continue reading

If only one of the parents is a carrier of the disease, the future baby inherits only one copy in 50% of the cases and usually has no symptoms.
Although these diseases are rare (affecting 1% of newborns), they are considered serious and incurable in many cases. Moreover, many of them begin to manifest themselves at birth or in infancy. Examples include cystic fibrosis and spinal muscular atrophy.

Click on the image to see full-size version

dudas

We solve all your doubts

The Genetic Compatibility Test, also known as Genetic Matching, uses a simple blood or saliva sample to study the DNA sequencing of both parents before pregnancy. It can be carried out on both members of a couple if they both provide their gametes, or on a donor who provides an egg and/or sperm and the other member of the couple, or between oocyte and sperm donors.

The results of the compatibility study usually take three to four weeks. In our centre, we study more than 300 recessive and X-linked diseases.

  • Couples with a family history of a genetic disease, either in one or both partners.
  • Patients who are going to undergo assisted reproduction treatments and wish to reduce the risk of having a sick child.
  • Patients who are going to undergo donation, whether it is an oocyte donation treatment or donor sperm. This test makes it possible to select the ideal donor and reduce the risk of having an affected child. In this way, we can guarantee that both donor and recipient do not share the same studied mutations.
  • Couples who are consanguineous or closely related.

If the Genetic Compatibility Test detects that one of the two members of the couple has a recessive genetic mutation, this does not carry any health risks for the carrier or the future baby.

However, if we discover that both parents (male and female) have a mutation of the same gene, there is a 25% chance that a child will be born with the disease.
In these cases, it is possible to act to eliminate this risk. To do this we have these options:

  • To perform an in vitro fertilisation treatment and, once the embryos have been obtained, we can carry out PGD (Preimplantation GeneticDiagnosis), i.e. we perform a biopsy of the embryo on day 5 or 6 of development to analyse it and thus be able to select and transfer only the embryos that have inherited a single copy (healthy carriers) or none at all.
  • Alternatively, we can use gamete donation, either egg or sperm that, again by means of the Genetic Compatibility Test, we can verify that the donor is compatible and does not have the same genetic mutation.

Your future baby is the most important thing

With a simple blood test, you can find out the risk of transmitting genetic diseases to your future baby

Why Tambre can fulfil your dream?

Especialistas en Medicina Reproductiva Avanzada

PIoneers in Spain and Europe

45 years of medical excellence

Tailor-made treatments

Latest
technology

More advantages Tambre

  • We support you and take care of you with your own specialised medical unit. -You will have your own gynaecologist and nurse, except for emergencies, and the same medical team will follow your case in depth and attend you from the beginning to the end of the treatment.
  • You will have a consultant from our Specialised Tambre Care team who will support you and answer any question you may have throughout the whole process.
Pide cita Contáctanos Make an appointment Contact us